Friday, May 23, 2008

The Car




We bought a new car. We went and collected it from the Hyundai showroom yesterday. It was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, but the registration didn’t happen, so we got it yesterday.
It’s a black Hyundai Santro Xing. We sold our old Maruti Zen and choose a Santro. When the old car went, I felt so so sad, as though a part of me had gone. This morning too when George dropped me at the office, I could not help thinking of the Zen.
The showroom people, I guess, as a customer satisfaction initiative, gave a picture of us, the sales person and the car, all in 5 minutes :) . I think it is a good initiative..

In the scanned picture, the number plate looks like it has some halo, glowy kind of an effect. Its just reflection of the light i guess, as it was close to 9.00 PM. And if you look closely, you can see Tarun eyeing away the bigger cars in the other direction. His favourite was a sporty red Getz, which unfortunatey wasn't ours, because it didn't fit our budget :)
Anyway, the new car is the latest excitement in our life and best part is Tarun baby is hyper excited about it!!

6 comments:

Aswin Kini said...

The Hyundai Santro looks lovely Anooja!! Hope you and your family use it to travel to many good places from now on :-)
The car truly looks lovely :-)

Seeing the photo, i have also started thinking when to buy one for my family.

Anooja said...

Thanks Aswin...

pearlie said...

Congratulations on The Car!
I am not sure if we have that model here, but then again, I am not that much of a car person, ever since I left the industry ;)

Anooja said...

Thanks a lot Peralie :)
I guess this model is not there..

Unknown said...

Ha, ha I can guess why Tarun is so hyper excited.
Congrats on getting your new car!

Anooja said...

Thanks Abe :)